Thursday, February 13, 2014

Winter Storm Pax: Snowpocalypse (Day 2) in Chapel Hill, NC

After "Snowpocalypse" day one, I didn't get to venture very far outside my house for photos. I saw the snow start falling again around noon and put on the boots and gloves and grabbed the camera, because the snowflakes were so full and beautiful compared to day one (full of sleet).



Eventually, my three year old Pomeranian was subjected to the camera and the cold...


Snow mustache! I took him inside to warm up... he found comfort snuggling up in an afghan my mother crocheted for me.


And then when everything turned to ice, I went back out for a few more snaps.


Derek (my fiance) and I decided that this shot would make the most challenging and frustrating puzzle ever... which means we'll probably custom order one and attempt it. We're daredevils.

But my favorite two shots were with my newest 60mm lens...



I never knew ice crystals could be so beautiful!

And the next post you see from me will be from the opposite end of the spectrum, as I head for a short trip to Jamaica over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment