So, during the crazy winter snow storm, my fiance had to go in to work. We live a very short 5 mile drive from the restaurant he works at, and I wasn't about to brave the snow in my rear-wheel drive car. We called upon my father to safely chaperone him in a four-wheel drive jeep, and I decided to tag along to get some snowy shots from downtown Chapel Hill.
Needless to say, that "short" drive turned into 2.5 hours of absolute chaos. Regular traffic signals may as well have lost their meanings, as cars drove in every direction down every lane of the roads - even completely abandoning vehicles right in the middle of the road.
Fortunately, we did get my fiance safely to work... and my dad was kind enough to tote me around for the following scenery shots.
We stopped at the Old Well a couple times - while it was light and dark out. I never did get a shot I was truly satisfied with, thanks to endless amounts of people (like me!) trying to take photos in the snow there.
The Bell Tower wasn't getting much attention, in stark contrast to the Old Well. It was getting a bit late at this point, and I think everyone was starting to head in for the heat.
Recalling the long bridge at UNC hospital, I asked my dad to drive me that-a-way to snap a shot. I'm not typically a fan of architectural based photos (I prefer historical buildings and natural landscapes myself), but I have to admit the building and street lights reflecting off the snow and sky made for quite a pretty scene - especially from atop the bridge.
I hope everyone else stayed safe and warm during this storm!





No comments:
Post a Comment